Monday, September 3, 2018

Camp NaNoWriMo--July 2018

So I'm blogging about my Camp NaNoWriMo July experience... in September. Whoops.

So, for this Camp NaNoWriMo I set a goal for 50,000 words and wrote on a manual typewriter. :3 I estimated that each double-spaced typewritten page had between 200 and 250 words on it (I rounded down to 200), and with that I estimated how much I had written. I estimated that I wrote about 27,000 words over the course of that month, but I recently transcribed what I wrote onto the computer, and I actually wrote nearly 35,000 words! Yay!

I didn't reach my goal, sure, but I still wrote a lot. I also recorded a lot of it on my instagram, so... Here's my photo log!










Yes, this is the 1/! Key. Why they didn’t paint it on there I have no idea. XD

A post shared by Mary DeMauro (@marydemauro) on









(I know the above doesn't seem to have much to do with Camp NaNoWriMo, but it popped up while I was writing on the deck, and I considered it a good omen!)











Geez I’m far behind... #campnanowrimo

A post shared by Mary DeMauro (@marydemauro) on





My #campnanowrimo manuscript is getting too big for its Manila folder! #amwriting

A post shared by Mary DeMauro (@marydemauro) on



The good news: I finished my Camp NaNoWriMo project. The bad news: it’s supposed to be a novel, but it’s only 27000-30000 words long (I wrote it on a typewriter so I have to estimate the word count). This isn’t a huge deal, as I’ve learned that my first drafts are very rushed and thin and get fattened up during the revision process. I’m concerned because this story is short even for me, but I’m hoping that after revisions it will be at least 50,000 words. Here’s hoping. Anyway, after I finished this I wrote a few hundred words into my next novel project, but then decided to put that aside. Even though hmmm Camp NaNoWriMo goal was 50,000, I’m going to stop here and devote my time to other goals I’ve wanted to accomplish by the end of July. I did what I really wanted to accomplish this month: finish a manuscript, even if it’s only about half the length I wanted. To those of you still writing, best of luck!!! #campnanowrimo #amwriting

A post shared by Mary DeMauro (@marydemauro) on



No comments:

Post a Comment