Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Books I Read in 2017

Like 2016, I made a collage of all the books I read in 2017.



-A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
-Crimson Peak: The Official Movie Novelization by Nancy Holder
-Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
-Sour Puss by Rita Mae Brown (and Sneaky Pie Brown)
-How to Wash a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale
-In the Dark of the Night by John Saul
-The Graces by Laure Eve
-The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
-The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

Unfortunately I didn't read many books this past year, but I did read three "big books" by my standards--meaning that the book was 600 pages or longer. Those were A Game of Thrones, The Historian, and The Mists of Avalon. The latter was the longest book of the year--almost 900 pages.

I actually had a really bad reading slump in the middle of the year, connected with The Mists of Avalon. My original plan for reading that book was to take breaks, since its split into four parts and is so long. Therefore, when I finished the first part, I started reading a different book. In the middle of reading that, I started taking notes from an entire book (click for details). It took so much effort and was taking so long that I just stopped reading novels. Finally I finished note-taking, but it just took me awhile to get back into reading. Finally I picked up my "break" novel again, but I had forgotten everything that I had read. Besides, i was starting to think that my break from Mists of Avalon had lasted too long. So I went back to MoA, but then I had forgotten everything I had read there, too! So I skimmed the first part, got caught up, and then started reading again. This time I didn't take any breaks, and spent the next, I don't know, two-isn months reading it I had wanted to finish it before the end of the year, and I did. Whew!

So that was 2017 in reading for me. How was your 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment